Spring 2011 FSN Network Technical Meeting
The FSN Network’s inaugural event, the Spring 2011 FSN Network Technical Meeting, took place on May 9 in Baltimore, MD. The meeting featured a keynote address by Dina Esposito, Director of USAID’s Office of Food for Peace, as well as community building activities and concurrent sessions on key opportunities and constraints facing food security and nutrition implementers. The meeting was an opportunity for networking, sharing information, shaping agendas, learning about and influencing donor priorities, building consensus on best practices, and working to diffuse technical knowledge.
Please click the below sessions for descriptions and presentations (if available). Please note that not all sessions had power point presentations.
- Improved Agriculture-Nutrition Linkages through Production and Promotion of Nutrient-Dense Foods
- Performance Monitoring with Layers: Adapting Elements for Use in MYAP and M&E Systems
- Climate-Adaptive Food Security for Non-Emergency Food Aid Beneficiaries
- Social and Behavioral Change: Core Competencies and Tools for Success
- Adopting the Prevention of Malnutrition in Under Twos Approach: Theory, Reality and the Art of the Possible
- Operationalizing Gender Integration for Food Security Programming
- Working Together to Improve Information Systems on Food and Nutrition Security: Examples of Recent Policy and Technical Advances
- Seeing Through Their Eyes: Discovering Barriers to Adoption of Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Practices