TOPS and the FSN Network hold a variety of knowledge sharing events in both the United States and overseas. They provide peer learning opportunities as community members bring their technical experience and individual perspectives to bear on issues relevant to food security and nutrition implementation.
Below is a list of past events. Click on the event for more information and resources from the event.
Knowledge Sharing Meetings
TOPS holds semiannual Knowledge Sharing Meetings, which bring together implementers, donors, and researchers for peer learning, knowledge sharing, and networking around food security and nutrition program implementation.
East & Southern Africa Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Changing Landscapes of Food Security (Kampala, Uganda: September 20-22, 2016)
Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Strengthening Connections: Inquiry, Innovation & Implementation (Washington, DC: January 27-28, 2016)
Asia Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting (Dhaka, Bangladesh: March 3 - 5, 2015)
Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Learn, Adapt, Apply (Washington, DC: July 10 - 11, 2014)
[Français] Réunion Partage de Connaissances (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso: 18 au 20 novembre 2013)
Technical Events provide a platform for the FSN Network community to share technical experience, new studies, and additional resources through workshops, practical training, and presentations.
- Resilience Concepts and Measurement Workshop (Washington, DC: January 11 - January 12, 2017)
- Learning Agenda Workshop (Washington, DC: November 29 - December 1, 2016)
- Theory of Change Workshop (Baltimore, Maryland: November 14 - 18, 2016)
A Discussion of New Research to Climate Shocks in East and Southern Africa (Washington, DC: October 28, 2016)
Nutrition-Sensitive Agricultural Value Chains: Approaches for Project Design and Implementation (Washington, DC: October 26, 2016)
Consultations provide a platform for USAID's Office of Food for Peace to gain input from the PVO community on initiatives and policies.
- Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Office of Food for Peace Draft FY17 RFA and CSI for Uganda (Washington, DC: January 9, 2017)
- Stakeholder Consultation on Indicators for USAID Office of Food for Peace New 2016-2025 Food Assistance and Food Security Strategy (Washington, DC: October 5, 2016)
- Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Pipeline and Resource Estimate Proposal (PREP) Guidance (Washington, DC: July 27, 2016)
Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Office of Food for Peace FY16 International Emergency Food Assistance Annual Program Statement (Washington, DC: March 29, 2016)
Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Office of Food for Peace Policy and Guidance for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (Washington, DC: October 20, 2015)
Exclusive online presentations and discussion that foster knowledge sharing and learning within the FSN Network community.
- MTI's Partnership Defined Quality: Giving the Community a Voice in Service Delivery, Instruction Video and Learning Tool (January 17, 2017)
- Making Behavior Change Habit Forming: Including the Science of Habit Into Behavior Change Efforts (October 20, 2016)
- Why It Matters - Creating and Measuring Successful Online Engagement: Session 3 - Peer Assist: Get Practical Solutions for Your Online Engagement Challenges (August 25, 2016)
- Why It Matters - Creating and Measuring Successful Online Engagement: Session 2 - Assessing the Health of Your Online Community (August 18, 2016)
- Why It Matters - Creating and Measuring Successful Online Engagement: Session 1 - Let's Talk Online Engagement (August 11, 2016)
Events funded through TOPS grants
Don't Just Borrow, Be the Bank (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: September 19-21, 2012)
- Getting the Knack of NACS (Washington, DC: February 22-23, 2012)
- Local and Regional Procurement Learning & Knowledge Sharing Workshop (Arlington, VA: November 14, 2011)