The Food Security and Nutrition Network Nutrition Task Force is a community of technical specialists and practitioners working to improve the quality of nutrition implementation in food security and nutrition programming. It is composed of representatives from NGO Title II grantees and partner organizations in government, academia and the private sector. It provides an inclusive forum for sharing, adapting, refining and disseminating information, methodologies, tools and promising practices on nutrition for increasing the impact of food security programs.
Task Force Recommended Tools
This task force recommends the following tools which have been developed and field-tested by partners and other stakeholders for implementers of Title II, Food for Peace funded development food assistance programs.
- Nutrition Program Design Assistant: A Tool for Program Planners Reference Guide and Workbook, by CORE Group, Save the Children, AED, FANTA 2
- Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition Toolkit, by Save the Children
- Training Guide for Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition, by USAID, AED, FANTA 2
- The Essential Nutrition Actions Framework, by USAID, RCQHC, JSI, HKI, AED, CORE Group, WAHO, ECSA-HC
Click here to participate in an online discussion on nutrition and food technology.
How to Get Involved
Participation in the Nutrition and Food Technology Task Force of the FSN Network is open to implementers of food security and nutrition programs.
- Click here to join the listserv of the task force and stay informed about future meetings.
- Sign up for the FSN Network Newsletter in the left sidebar to stay informed of future meetings of the Task Force.