Institutionalizing Community Health Conference 2017
Advancing community health is central to achieving sustainable development and universal primary healthcare. The foundations of community health within the context of primary health care are increasingly recognized as crucial components of national policies and strategies to accelerate progress in health. We need to further integrate community health approaches into national and local health policy and systems in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and the implementation of the new UN Global Strategy for Women's, Children's and Adolescents' Health. The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO), The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and USAID's flagship Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP), will host a four-day conference focused on supporting countries to strengthen partnerships with communities as resources to transform the future and ensure that every mother, newborn, and child not only survives, but thrives. The conference will mobilize government officials, civil society leaders, policymakers, sub-national managers and practitioners, private sector, bilateral and multilateral organizations, and researchers. Nearly 400 people from 45 countries will be in attendance and ICHC will feature 24 Country Delegations from: Bangladesh, Benin, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, DRC, Ethiopia, Guinea, Haiti, India, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Togo, and Uganda.
No matter where you are, you have multiple opportunities to participate and engage with the conference:
- Promote key community health messages on social media before and during the conference to build momentum, and follow #HealthForAll throughout the conference for live updates. Download the Social Media Toolkit for messaging and graphics.
All conference plenary sessions will be broadcast live:
- Monday, March 27, 8:30 - 10:00 : What Now? Community Health in the SDG Era
- Monday, March 27, 13:00 - 14:30 : Implementation of Community Health Policies and Strategies: Country Evidence and Experience
- Tuesday, March 28, 8:30 - 10:00 : Sustainable Financing for Community Health
- Tuesday, March 28, 14:00 - 15:30 : Multi-Stakeholder and Multi-Sectoral Partnerships to Elevate Community Voice: Principles and Country Models
Check back soon on the Livestreaming page of the conference website for more information.
Take livestreaming to the next level by hosting or joining a viewing party. Gather together with colleagues and fellow global health advocates and remotely participate in the conference, share information, expand knowledge, and discuss important issues in community health.
Download the Viewing Party Toolkit for simple instructions on how to host a party.