The Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Task Force of the Food Security and Nutrition Network is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and impact of agriculture, economic development and natural resource management components of food security programs. It provides a forum for sharing experiences and lessons-learned and for identifying, adapting, refining and disseminating state-of-the-art information, methodologies and tools related to agricultural and economic development in order to improve the quality of field-based programs.
Meetings and Events
Upcoming ANRM Events
UPDATE: This meeting has been cancelled until further notice. September 20, 2017 - ANRM Task Force Meeting from 10-11am EDT via Adobe Connect
Past Meetings and Events
- June 22, 2017 - Evidence in Agriculture: Credit for Smallholder Farmers
- May 4, 2017 - How much is the picture worth? Reviewing on-farm demos in agriculture extension
- April 6, 2017 - Evidence in Agriculture: Information Constraints to Technology Adoption
- February 27, 2017 - Utilizing Soybeans for Nutrition and Income in Afghanistan
- February 9, 2017 - ANRM & Nutrition and Food Technology Joint Task Force Meeting. Click here to view the full meeting, including updates from TOPS' ANRM and Nutrition and Food Technology task forces, presentations on animal source foods by Dr. Lora Iannotti and Dr. Jennie Lane, and a group discussion. Download Dr. Iannotti's presentation here, and Dr. Lane's here. Meeting notes.
- February 2, 2017 - Seed Security Responses that Help Farmers in Chronic Stress Context
- January 30, 2017 - Randomized Evaluations in Practice: Opportunities and Challenges
- November 17, 2016 - ANRM Task Force Meeting. Click here to view the full meeting, including TOPS ANRM updates, a discussion on an upcoming seed response event, as well as a nutrition-sensitive value chain discussion. Download the presentation here. Meeting notes.
- October 26, 2016 - TOPS and SPRING-led Nutrition-Sensitive Agricultural Value Chains event in Washington, DC.
- June 9, 2016 - ANRM Task Force Meeting. Click here to view the full meeting, including TOPS ANRM updates, a discussion about the Uganda Knowledge Sharing meeting, and more. Download the presentation here. Meeting notes.
- April 4-8, 2016 - Resilience Design in Smallholder Farming Systems learning event. Mutare, Zimbabwe.
- March 23, 2016 - ANRM Task Force Meeting. Click here to view the full meeting, including TOPS ANRM updates and a presentation and discussion on demonstration plots led by Gitau Mbure, Senior Technical Advisor for World Vision. Download the TOPS ANRM updates here and Gitau Mbure's presentation here. Meeting notes.
Task Force Recommended Tools
This task force recommends the following tools for implementers of Title II, Food for Peace funded development food assistance programs.
- Integrating Very Poor Producers into Value Chains: Field Guide, by FHI 360 and World Vision International
- Five Skills Set for Smallholder Farmers, by Catholic Relief Services
- Private Sector Engagement Toolkit, by Mercy Corps
Case Study Series
Click here to read the ANRM team's case study series. The case studies are a platform for organizations and individuals to learn more about each other's work and provide connections between groups conducting similar activities.
Click here to read the ANRM team's technical guides. The guidance in these documents are meant for project staff working with smallholder farmers. Each guide presents a topic and includes a case study and tools for further reading.
Click here to participate in an online discussion on agriculture and natural resource management.
How to Get Involved
Participation in the Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Task Force of the FSN Network is open to implementers of food security and nutrition programs.
- Click here to join the listserv of the task force and stay informed about future meetings.
- Sign up for the FSN Network Newsletter in the left sidebar to stay informed of future meetings of the Task Force.